Introduction

Introduction

von Paul Amstein -
Anzahl Antworten: 1

1) My name is Paul and I am 21 years old. I´m studying to become a teacher for the Gymnasium/grammar school. My subjects are English and History and I am in my 4th semester of studies now. My goal is to live and work in the US one day, which is part of the reason why I decided to take this course.

2) I live in a shared house with six other people. Two of them were born outside of Germany, but I want to focus on the cultural difference within Germany. My four other roommates and I were all born in different regions of Germany. Which means we all speak different dialects/regiolects, which can cause confusion due to the use of different words even among people of the same culture and language. This problem is easy to solve compared to problems between different cultures. When a word comes up that someone doesn´t understand we usually just use a synonym or explain it.

Als Antwort auf Paul Amstein

Re: Introduction

von Alicia Diaz -
Nice to meet you Paul :)
A part of my family lives here in Germany in Franconia. I mostly learned and spoke, especially in school, standard German. When I visit my grandparents, who speak a very distinctive Franconian dialect, it can happen that I don't quite understand what they mean.