My Introduction and Cultural Expierence

My Introduction and Cultural Expierence

von Alicia Diaz -
Anzahl Antworten: 1

Hello fellow classmates, my name is Alicia. I am currently in my fifth semester, studying to become an elementary teacher with a major in English.  Basically, I enjoy working with children because I find it incredibly enriching to engage with their view of the world. Besides, it is fun to impart knowledge to children.

I went to an American school until fifth grade and also lived in America for a year. I noticed cultural differences especially at that time. What struck me most was how strong American national pride is. There are flags in every classroom, building and in most front yards of houses. In my school, we recited the "Pledge of Allegience" daily with our hand over our heart and sang the national anthem. Because this was such a daily routine, when I came to a German school it was a little unusual for me to see that it doesn't happen like that here.

Als Antwort auf Alicia Diaz

Re: My Introduction and Cultural Expierence

von gelöscht -
Hi Alicia, nice to meet you :) It makes sense that it seemed unusual since you were used to saying the pledge and seeing the flag everywhere. To me it’s always a bit weird to see it the other way around, when there are flags of a country everywhere, for example during the soccer world cup in Germany.