Introduction

Introduction

von Anna Kohler -
Anzahl Antworten: 1

1) 

Hello, I am Anna. I currently study museology or also known as Museum studies with American studies as a minor. As my primary subject indicates I aspire to work in a museum. With a museology degree I can work on and create exhibitions, or what I prefer: I can work in the archives or collection management.

2) 

My siblings and I are the first generation in Germany. Part of my family is from Romania, but they were part of a German minority in Romania. Due to that they always thought of themselves as Germans. In some arguments that generation tends to other themselves from other immigrants. The newer generation thinks of it in a more practical way: They were born in another country, so they were not born Germans. In times of those conflicts we try to educate our grandparents but also ourselves, because we see things with different eyes. This probably is more of a generational difference, but we grew up in different cultures and also began to change and adapt to other cultures.

Als Antwort auf Anna Kohler

Re: Introduction

von Aelita Safina -
Hello Anna. I think your major is really interesting and it must be one of the rarest ones. Working in a museum with exhibitions or archives sounds like an absolute dream job. I think growing up with two cultures can sometimes be hard - because there are times that you feel like you don't belong anywhere, but sometimes it can be a blessing - because you can understand both cultures and feel like you have two countries that are home to you.