Welcome Adrian and next meeting

Welcome Adrian and next meeting

von Camille Lavoix -
Anzahl Antworten: 21
Dear Grad Student Writing Group,

I was introduced by Zeno and MaryAnn to a new member of our group, Adrian Döring, who is starting his PhD. I've tried to add him to our Wue Campus group, I hope I succeeded (!).

Maybe we could meet in October so that Adrian can introduce himself and we can discuss again our PhD dissertations/exposés.

Would anyone like to present an exposé, a chapter, a paper or discuss a particular topic? If yes, maybe you can suggest a couple of dates, and we can launch a Doodl starting from there.

Would you like to try a hybrid meeting with some of us (who live in Würzburg) in the same University room and the rest on Zoom or you don't like the idea?

Looking forward to meeting you again,

Best,

Camille

Als Antwort auf Camille Lavoix

Re: Welcome Adrian and next meeting

von Hannah Nelson-Teutsch -

Dear All,

Lovely to be in communication again as fall shines on us. I have also added a new member to our group, Caterina Schmitz – Welcome Adrian and Caterina!

Speaking personally, I would love to begin meeting again; I cannot, of course, be regularly in Würzburg, but I would love to speak with you all and would happily go along with whatever is most convenient.

I will tentatively suggest what always seems best to me, which is that we set a regular meeting time and invite flexibility from there; otherwise, I find we always spend more time than seems reasonable planning each session.

Looking forward to hearing what you all think and getting together as an expanded group.

With heartfelt best wishes from Berlin,
Hannah

Als Antwort auf Hannah Nelson-Teutsch

von Anna Frieda Kuhn -
Dear All,

I too would love to meet up!
And, welcome Herr Döring!, and Caterina,

Best,
Anna Frieda
Als Antwort auf Anna Frieda Kuhn

von Anna Frieda Kuhn -
Hello again,

So, I've set up a Doodle:
https://doodle.com/poll/fkiex2p3nytffg96?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

Camille and I thought that a hybrid meeting would be quite nice. E.g. those who are in Wü/are up for it, could meet up for drinks after our Zoom session/perhaps we could also Zoom in one of our offices? Haven't yet thought through the logistics.

Also, I would have a paper that needs some constructive criticism. Hence, if no one else wants to present their work, I'd be up for it. But: as I have already presented my work here, I'd be happy to let someone else have a go!

Best,
Anna Frieda

von Adrian Döring -
Hey all!

Thanks for the warm welcome and obv for the invitation in the first place. :)

@those I already know: Very much looking forward meeting you again. It's so cool that this group exists.
@those I don't know: Can't wait meeting you and getting to know you & your projects.

RE meeting up: I'd be down to attend in person, but I agree that we should do some sort of hybrid meeting to ensure accessibilty for all. Meeting in Zoom/in person afterwards is a good idea I think... broadcasting as a group from an office sounds like it could get fairly awkward fairly quickly tbh.

RE doodle: I hope you don't mind if I wait for a tiny bit before answering because there is some stuff Oct/Nov that's still kind of in flux here right now. Promise I won't procrastiante too much!

Best
Adrian
Als Antwort auf Adrian Döring

von Camille Lavoix -
Dear all,
Wonderful that Caterina is also joining :)
I know that two Phd students from Romanistik would also be happy to join our sessions (Julia and Raphaelle), I would like to check this is OK for everyone to open up a little bit our group. Of course the common language remain English!
@Hannah, I think you are right, we can maybe pick a date on Anna Frieda's Doodle and try to make it a regular date?
I would still aim to meet in October or early November if that's possible.
Can't wait to see you all,
Best,
Camille

von Lena Pfeifer -
Hey all -- and welcome Adrian and Caterina!

I am sorry it took me quite a bit to get back to your messages. I would love to get back to seeing you all on a regular basis, and I like the idea of a hybrid format. Since I don't live in Würzburg, I might join you digitally most of the time, but I'd love to come and see you in person at some point as well. I filled out the doodle, so let's see if we find a common date.

All the best,
Lena
Als Antwort auf Lena Pfeifer

Hi All,

I just wanted to say that I've also filled in the doodle and look forward to joining you digitally!

Cheers,

Hannah

von Anna Frieda Kuhn -
Dear all,
The day that got most votes is Tuesday 26th, 6 pm, so let’s do it!
For those in Würzburg, Camille has kindly offered her living room in Sanderstrasse 1 for a hybrid meeting. Those who would join for the in-person event can have a drink/some snacks together – you can join for the meeting or simply join after the ‘official‘ part; at a bar in the Sanderstr. Here is also the Zoom link:
Anna Frieda Kuhn lädt Sie zu einem geplanten Zoom-Meeting ein.
Thema: Grad Writing Revival
Uhrzeit: 26.Okt..2021 06:00 PM Amsterdam, Berlin, Rom, Stockholm, Wien
Zoom-Meeting beitreten
https://uni-wuerzburg.zoom.us/j/93378450195?pwd=WjR4RUpkM1paL0UzbFoxTGZuUm9tUT09
Meeting-ID: 933 7845 0195
Passwort: Revival

Re topic: As my paper was accepted for publication, I thought we could briefly discuss how our PhDs are going and share tipps on organising/structuring our projects. E.g. present some routines, techniques we use (mindmapping, white boards etc.). We would like to keep the meeting relatively short (everyone presents for about 10 mins – the meeting should then go no longer than 1,5 hrs).

Following Hannah’s suggestion: we can meet up on the last Tuesday of every month?

Best,
Camille and Anna Frieda

von Camille Lavoix -
Dear all,

Since no one really opposed the idea of invitating Raphaelle and Julia, I will extend the invitation to them.
I am really looking forward to seeing everyone and discuss our thesis.

All the best,

Camille

von Caterina Schmitz -
Hello everybody,

I'm so sorry I am introducing myself just now. Thank you so much for your warm welcome, Anna, Camille, Lena and the rest of you!
I would love to join you on the 26th. I'll unfortunately have to leave after the "official" part is over, since I already have another commitment after, but am looking forward to at least meeting you all and hearing about your projects.

Just a quick question. Should we also include Sophie Renninger in this course?

Best, Caterina
Als Antwort auf Caterina Schmitz

von Adrian Döring -
Dear all,

26th is perfect for me - I am not sure if I'll be there in person or not since there still Würzburg is still a train trip away, but nevertheless, looking forward meeting you all.

We should absolutely include Sophie Renninger btw, because seriously, why wouldn't we?

10 min/person seems to be a good way to do this for now, especially since this group has become rather large-ish (I think?) and we'd sit there for ages otherwise.

Best
Adrian
Als Antwort auf Adrian Döring

von Lena Pfeifer -
Dear all,

A full yes to inviting Sophie as well, absolutely!

And then some other news: I just realized that another meeting which we EH people (Molly, Camille, Hannah, and myself) have to attend has been scheduled for the 26th at 6 pm. I leave it to the majority to decide whether we try to find an alternative date or whether we just stick with this one given how complicated and time-consuming it can be to find a date that suits everyone involved.

All the best,
Lena

von Lukas Hellmuth -
Dear all,

happy to hear that the group is starting up again now that the winter term is upon us! Sorry for the rather late chiming in on my part, seems like all the prep work for the new semester and my own PhD stuff got the better of me. Nonetheless, a welcome to everbody newly coming into the group from my side as well!

As for the meeting, all of the suggestions above sound great! Timewise, I won't be able to join the meeting at Camille's in person, but hopefully I'll manage to meet up with you for a drink after our Zoom meeting. Quick introductions into what we are working on currently also seem like the perfect way to get everybody up to date on all of our projects and plans.
Regarding Lena's mentioned complications, I would leave it up to the EH people themselves whether rescheduling for our meeting is the better choice. I took another look at the doodle and it seems like, fow now, the 26th is the only date where everybody can make it. Depending on how long the EH meeting will take, maybe you will still be able to join our meeting as well afterwards?

Regardless in what form and when exactly, looking forward to seeing all of you (again) soon!

Best,
Lukas
Als Antwort auf Lukas Hellmuth

von Lena Pfeifer -
Dear all,

Silly me got confused in the midst of all the different meetings to be scheduled -- our EH meeting is scheduled for the 25th (thanks, Hannah, for noticing this!), so the 26th works perfectly for us EH people as well! Sorry if I may have caused a little bit of hectic here.

Looking forward to seeing you all that day!

Best, Lena

von Camille Lavoix -
Dear all,

Oh thanks Lena I'm so glad this works!!!

I've tried to add Sophie to this group but I'm not sure it worked, can someone else try?

And yes, Lukas, totally agree with you, let's use our 10 minutes each to introduce ourselves + our project and where we are at + then our best tips and techniques to make it happen :)

Looking forward,

Camille

von Caterina Schmitz -
I just checked. I can see Sophie in the list, so it looks like it worked. Thanks, Camille!

See you all soon!

Caterina

Hi All,

I just wanted to add that historically Sophie has been a key member of our grad writing group, but she has sometimes not received all the communications sent her way due to the vagaries of email communication. I will follow up with a personal message to her so that we make sure she has all the information required to join us on the 26th!

Cheers,
Hannah

von Camille Lavoix -
Hello,

This is a food and drink message for people in Würzburg.

For the ones who want to eat/drink after the meeting, should I book a table at Kult in Sanderstrasse for 19:40? It would force us to actually end the meeting after an hour and half and we would have a nice place to go to a few meters from my place. Or Lukas, if you join us after the meeting, do you live very far and I should book a bit later to give you time to join?

Looking forward,

Camille

von Lukas Hellmuth -
Thanks for asking Camille, sounds like a good idea! I'd say just book a table at the time that's most convenient for you all heading there immediately after the Zoom meeting and I'll come and join you as soon as I can. Sanderstraße isn't far for me either, so I'm sure I'll be there not too too much after you :)

Best,
Lukas
Als Antwort auf Lukas Hellmuth

von Caterina Schmitz -
Hello everyone,

since I'm still feeling quite under the weather from being sick over the weekend, but still don't want to miss out on seeing you all, I'll be joining you via Zoom tonight. Hope to see you in person some other time.

Best, Caterina

von Adrian Döring -
Hey,

I won't make it either. I'll have to work late and won't be able to finish in time. Looking forward meeting you next time!

Adrian