Update & Reminder Exam

Update & Reminder Exam

بواسطة - Katharina Breininger
عدد الردود: 2

Dear students,

with the exam coming up on Friday, multiple questions have reached us regarding the format and details on the exam. Kindly find additional information below:

Date, time, and location: Friday, Aug. 02, 2024 from 10:00 - 12:00, Turing-HS (Informatik)
The exam duration will be 90 mins.

You may bring a single, handwritten sheet of paper (i.e., "cheat sheet", one-sided, A4, squared (=kariert)) and a non-programmable calculator.

In the exam, we will cover knowledge questions, e.g., "explain concept X", understanding questions, e.g., "discuss the effect of Y on Z", as well as calculations and derivations along the topics covered in the exam (e.g., backpropagation, loss functions, diagrams).
I will likely not be able to provide a full mock exam covering 90 mins, but I will provide exemplary questions for different categories ideally by tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.

Kindly note that all lecture topics are relevant for the exam and we won't exclude specific topics in advance. Still, if a lecturer highlighted a specific part as "further information / not exam relevant", this will of course be considered.

I'd be happy to offer a Q&A session on Thursday, Aug. 01, at 9:15-10:15 via Zoom:
https://uni-wuerzburg.zoom-x.de/j/62093876196?pwd=uJPzkAwEEmUUG3mm8qOpFAXP7ap4WP.1
Meeting-ID: 620 9387 6196
Passwort: 762375

For this, kindly send questions (via Email or below this post) also beforehand - with material from different lecturers, it will be beneficial for me to have a bit of time to look into the questions before ;)

Best,

Katharina 

رداً على Katharina Breininger

Re: Update & Reminder Exam

Dear students,

we have uploaded a brief mock exam here in WueCampus.
Please note:
- The questions are exemplary, and give only ideas about the *type* of questions that may be asked. They don't limit the content of the exam to just the materials covered in the mock exam. E.g., Graph Neural Networks are not covered in the mock exam but are relevant for the final exam.
- The mock exam is not time-calibrated, i.e., it does not target a duration of 90 minutes. The final exam may be longer (or shorter).
- The final exam will likely contain more "computation / derivation-like" questions compared to the mock exam.

Note that you have to be logged into WueCampus to access the file.

Let me know if you have any questions and kind regards,
Katharina
رداً على Katharina Breininger

Re: Update & Reminder Exam

Follow the Q&A session today, I would like to highlight the following video recapping the most important concepts on Variational Autoencoders:

YouTube

By clicking on this video, YouTube videos will be automatically displayed on WueCampus until the browser closes (content of cookie data). Please note that data will be transmitted to YouTube once you have enabled activation.

Best,
Katharina