Introduction

Introduction

von Leonie Mößer -
Anzahl Antworten: 1

Hi everyone!
I’m Leonie and I’m 21 years old, so finally a real adult in the States :P. I’m in my third semester studying to become an elementary school teacher for English, German, math and PE. Becoming a teacher has always been my dream as I enjoy being around children and helping them explore new things.

During my Au Pair years in Boston I’ve been confronted with lots of different cultures as I made friends from all over the world. One of the things that made me change my way of thinking was to see and experience how much more of a stigmata there is about drinking alcohol. Whereas it is almost normal to see teenagers drink a beer on the streets in Germany, in the US drinking in public and even in general is more of a topic parents try to not talk about and deal with at all.

Als Antwort auf Leonie Mößer

Re: Introduction

von Gizelly Lehmann Rodrigues -
Hi Leonie,
It's nice to know you are following the path of your dream. You may have a lot on your plate right now, but you know it will pay off in the end.
Alcohol is indeed treated differently in the US and in Germany. In Brazil one has to be at least 18 to buy any alcohol, but what I've seen and experienced is that many teenagers drink alcohol anyway, no matter how young they are. It is a dangerous habit and it should definitely be a topic to be talked about at home.