Introduction

Introduction

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 1

Hey everyone, 

my name is Samira and I am 22 years old. I am studying English and French for a Bachelors degree and I am in my 3rd semester now. When it comes to my future job, I do not have a specific idea in mind about what I want to do, however I am interested in books and translating.

Since my father is originally from Africa, I experienced cultural differences at a very young age. We went to visit my family in Tunisia every year. They are living a completely different lifestyle from ours, much more simpler and down to earth, with little money and few materialistic things. Despite that, I would say they are living a happy life and do not complain about much. That taught me early on to be grateful for what I have and to always share with others.

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Introduction

by Leonie Mößer -
Hi Samira!
I think it’s beautiful you got to grow up in such a family. We can probably learn a thing or two from people who live a less materialistic life and get down to earth more and try to be more grateful. You having to be able to be around people like that your whole life probably impacted you positively in lots of ways!